This lentil soup recipe is perfect for those chilly fall days. Its creamy texture mixed with the sweet caramelized onions warms you to the bone.
Curried Egyptian Soup with Caramelized Onions
- 8 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups dry red lentils (rinsed)
- 3 yellow medium onions (peeled and sliced, divided)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsps cumin
- 2 tsps sea salt
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- In a large pot, heat the water over high heat while you prepare the remaining ingredients
- Add the lentils, 2/3 of the onion, garlic, cumin and salt. Simmer for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, prepare a separate pan over medium-high heat with a bit of water. Add the remaining onions and cook until soft and golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir frequently and add more water as needed. Set aside.
- Add lemon juice to the soup and adjust the salt to your preference. Use a handheld blender to puree the soup until it reaches a smooth consistency
- Divide into bowls and top with the caramelized onions. Enjoy!
Kimberly brings an enormous amount of compassion and light to her work as a healer. Her personal experience of overcoming chronic health issues while managing the demands of her busy life as a mother, wife and health practitioner gives her a special and invaluable insight into the challenges and struggles so many of her clients face. I deeply respect and honor Kimberly and her genuine commitment to helping her clients heal. She is a true ambassador of the healing information I share. – Anthony William, Medical Medium