This delicious stuffed pepper recipe will make the whole family happy—a plant-based twist on the classic. The lemon tahini dill sauce and all the fresh herbs add a wonderful brightness to the rich and comforting chickpea falafel filling.
Plus, it’s easy to prepare as there is little prep time. Throw your filling ingredients in the food processor, stuff your peppers, and pop in the oven. This recipe is especially great for busy moms who are meeting the challenge of both working (many from home) and getting kids ready for back to school—in addition to all the other hats you’re normally wearing. Enjoy!
Falafel Stuffed Peppers with Tahini Dill Sauce
Yield 4 servings
- 1 cup Cashews
- 2 cups Chickpeas (cooked, drained, and rinsed)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 2 tbsps Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Basil Leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Parsley (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Dill
- 2 tbsp Water
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Combine cashews, chickpeas, garlic, almond flour, basil, parsley, olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper together in a food processor. Blend until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Slice bell peppers in half and carve out the seeds. Fill each half evenly with the falafel mixture. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, create your tahini dill sauce by combining tahini, almond milk, lemon juice, dill, and water in the food processor. Pulse until smooth. Transfer into a jar and set aside.
- Remove peppers from the oven. Let cool for 5 minutes, then drizzle with tahini dill sauce. Enjoy!
If your child isn’t a fan of red bell peppers, you can use the “stuffing” as a dip with cut-up vegetables such as cucumbers, carrots, or even oven-baked fries.
Dr. Kimberly Spair brings an enormous amount of compassion and light to her work as a healer. Her personal experience of overcoming chronic health issues while managing the demands of her busy life as a mother, wife and health practitioner gives her a special and invaluable insight into the challenges and struggles so many of her clients face. I deeply respect and honor Kimberly and her genuine commitment to helping her clients heal. She is a true ambassador of the healing information I share.
– Anthony William, Medical Medium
Nothing is more powerful than a mother in touch with her intuition and power. Dr. Kimberly Spair’s course will help awaken that within you.
– Dr. Christiane Northrup, M.D. OB/GYN, Women’s Health Expert, Visionary Health Pioneer, Wellness Speaker, and New York Times Best-Selling Author