What Allergy Testing Doesn’t Tell You…
As a speech pathologist, I’ve spent years addressing diagnoses including “developmental delay” and others. At the start of my career, I simply served “my” role as I worked to improve the children’s speech, language, feeding, and swallowing deficits. I quickly noticed, however, how frequently my clients were also characterized as having food allergies and/or food intolerances, etc.
As time went on, I couldn’t help but recognize that development and behavior were/are so closely related to the body’s nutritional needs being met. As a result, years ago I began addressing diet, food allergies, and nutrition as part of my initial evaluation. Although I noticed immediate progress with my clients after eliminating common allergens, it wasn’t until I grew accustomed to the Medical Medium information that I saw MAJOR change. Once I saw the light, out were the days of food allergy testing and elimination diets.
In recent years, there has been a noticeable increase in people experiencing reactions during and after eating certain foods. As such, a person eats a food, their body reacts in an unusual or undesirable way and then heads to a medical practitioner who specializes in food allergies or digestion.
Next, often comes the recommendation for an allergy test. Currently, there are a lot of tests available that claim to show if a person is allergic to specific foods, and commonly used is an IgG test (this blood test measures the level of Immunoglobulin G [IgG] Antibodies). Unfortunately, these tests are not always accurate. Instead of helping, they tend to provide people with misinformation that can lead to confusion and frustration. As it turns out, the tests can’t accurately assess whether someone is sensitive to a particular food, is actually experiencing detox symptoms, or if the symptoms are caused by something else altogether. Medical Medium teaches us that in most cases, DETOX is what is happening! The accused foods (often fruits and vegetables) are actually going after a pathogen in the body and causing it to die off (which is a good thing!)!
For example, when an IgG test reveals that someone is allergic to celery, it is likely that the celery is killing off a pathogen and the pathogen is releasing a toxin that is creating a histamine reaction. Unfortunately, this may inaccurately appear as a celery allergy on the IgG test. In reality, the powerful celery juice in your system is destroying H. pylori, Streptococcus, mold, and more.
Unfortunately, patients who are not aware of this can sometimes feel panicked by the long list of potential food allergens that the test results suggest they (or their children) have, and they may dive into unnecessary elimination diets in an attempt to rid themselves of allergies that aren’t actually there. Even worse, these children begin avoiding the foods that are actually healing their bodies.
Common Food Allergens & What’s Actually Happening in the Body
Dairy Allergy / Lactose Intolerance
I work with a lot of young children whose parents suspect that their children have a dairy/lactose/milk allergy/intolerance/sensitivity. After consuming dairy products, they report immediate issues (runny nose, stomach pain, bloating, gas, bathroom problems), which is certainly no fun!
Through Medical Medium, I now know that these reactions are due to the dairy products in one’s system hyper feeding a group of bugs in the colon and intestinal tract. The bugs instantly tear into the dairy product which stirs up immediate reactions in the body.
When these bugs feed off not only lactose, but other constituents found in milk, they eliminate a highly toxic poison that can trigger off symptoms that are associated with lactose intolerance including diarrhea, cramps, bloating, and more.
Wheat / Gluten Allergy
Once again, when someone is given a diagnosis of a wheat allergy or even Celiac disease, it is not because of the wheat itself, but because the person has a pathogen in his/her body that is feeding on the wheat.
As the pathogen feasts on the wheat, it releases toxins, and this is what can produce a reaction of various symptoms that may last for a few days or a few weeks. Then the virus or bacteria eats the wheat and then eliminates a toxin or the virus/pathogen eats the wheat and grows stronger and causes more damage.
My advice is always that If you’re dealing with any condition, keep wheat + the other “what not to eat foods” out. (These can be found in the book medical medium by Anthony William). If you’re really seeking a grain, you’re better off selecting quinoa or millet.
Note: Keep in mind that allergies that result in anaphylactic shock are a completely different issue to the seasonal allergies and milder food allergies and sensitivities people experience. If you suffer from severe food allergies due to a tree nut/peanut allergy, latex, paint, bee stings, and a number of other food and medication triggers, it is important you address these instances differently than you would seasonal allergies or milder food allergies. Anaphylactic shock causes a sudden drop in blood pressure and difficulty breathing—a life-threatening situation. If you experience a severe allergic reaction and are unprepared/unequipped to deal with it, seek immediate medical care.
Moving Forward – What to Focus on, what to Eliminate
First, you need to create an action plan to start addressing the pathogens in your child’s body with antiviral and antibacterial foods and supplements. This can (and should) be a slow process of gradually increasing good foods, decreasing bad foods, and supporting the body along the way.
Eating fresh fruits, leafy greens, and vegetables can help kill off pathogens that trigger allergy symptoms and wreak havoc in the system. Here are some notable foods to include in your treatment plan:
- Celery / Celery Juice
- Celery juice is highly anti-inflammatory and is therefore beneficial for people who suffer from chronic and mystery illnesses!
- Celery is perfect for reversing inflammation because it starves the pathogens, including unproductive bacteria and viruses such as Epstein-Barr (EBV), that create it.
- Celery juice strengthens hydrochloric acid in your gut, and this is helpful because hydrochloric acid is critical to digestion and to keeping your digestive system alkaline.
- Cucumber / Cucumber Juice
- Cucumber juice has the ability to cleanse and detox the entire body as well as help to alleviate a variety of digestive problems.
- Cucumber also has wonderful anti-inflammatory benefits!
- Wild Blueberries
- Bring wild blueberries into your diet if you want to help protect yourself against environmental toxins. Wild blueberries are forced to fight all types of environmental elements as they grow and are the most adaptogenic food you can consume.
- Try out other antioxidant-rich foods including other types of berries such as cranberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
- Melons, apples, peaches, plums, nectarines, cherries, kiwis, oranges, pomelos, zucchinis, and grapefruits are other powerhouse fruits to bring into your diet.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet potatoes are known for being easy to digest and are very good for ulcers, inflamed colons, digestive disorders, and constipation.
- Sweet potatoes are also an excellent anti-stress food and are known to help relax muscles, steady nerves, and balance cognitive function.
- Consider supplements such as zinc, B12, probiotics, spirulina, and Nettle leaf. Reach out to me or see the Medical Medium website for more information about specific dosing.
- Remove foods that feed pathogens, also known as “NO foods” including gluten, dairy, eggs, canola oil, soy, corn, processed beet sugar, pork, farmed fish, and MSG from your diet (keep in mind that MSG can go by a variety of names, so pay attention to food labels when grocery shopping). Also, try your best to avoid artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, natural flavors, and citric acid. (See the ‘Medical Medium’ book for more details). If you want even quicker healing results, remove rye and other grains from your diet.
- If major diet shifts seem overwhelming right now, start with just removing one or two of the mentioned “no foods” from your child’s diet and see how even a single shift can ease symptoms and ignite change. Once you begin to notice the benefits of a small dietary modification, you may be more motivated to continue removing unproductive foods. Any step towards healing is a victory!
In summary, while “allergies” seem easy to blame, so many of our children have pathogens and/or toxicity in the body, which are causing them to experience unwanted symptoms. I’m very thankful for the information provided by Medical Medium that has already helped so many children and families move forward and off the hamster wheel of allergies/elimination diets/etc. As I aim for optimal development with my clients of all ages, I know that the results are best when individuals are approached as a whole, and when the brain and nervous system are supported. The ultimate goals are to get our children’s immune systems prepared to react appropriately when exposed to bugs or toxins and to also eliminate any deficiencies. With the above information, we can rest assured that we are well on our way toward achieving these goals!
Dr. Kimberly Spair brings an enormous amount of compassion and light to her work as a healer. Her personal experience of overcoming chronic health issues while managing the demands of her busy life as a mother, wife and health practitioner gives her a special and invaluable insight into the challenges and struggles so many of her clients face. I deeply respect and honor Kimberly and her genuine commitment to helping her clients heal. She is a true ambassador of the healing information I share.
– Anthony William, Medical Medium
Nothing is more powerful than a mother in touch with her intuition and power. Dr. Kimberly Spair’s course will help awaken that within you.
– Dr. Christiane Northrup, M.D. OB/GYN, Women’s Health Expert, Visionary Health Pioneer, Wellness Speaker, and New York Times Best-Selling Author