This is a guest post by Tonya Holly. Follow her monthly blog, “Be Attitudes,” for more information about how to cultivate a blessed life and watch what you become by taking the Attitude Adjustment Challenges. Follow her on Instagram at tonyaholly_salesrep.
I recently started my celery juice journey during this COVID-19 season. Like many, it’s been a challenge keeping stock of enough celery for our juicing needs. I literally have a few friends who text me when they are at the store for my celery order. I also buy bulk wholesale but always need more. I was originally just throwing the celery base away and then realized I could just as well throw them back into the ground. I enjoy gardening and knew that like lettuce, you can re-grow some veggies from the stalk to save from seedling to harvest. It normally takes up to 140 days from celery seed to stalk, but growing from an old stalk is faster.
Steps to Regrow Celery
So what are the steps to regrowing celery? Let’s get started!
1. Pull the stems off leaving a stand-able base about 2-3 inches.
2. Rinse off the base & put in a shallow glass of warm water, 1/2 inch deep.
3. Place the glass in a sunny window sill or under lights.
4. Change the water every one to two days. You will see small roots at the base.
5. You will start to see new leafy shoots from the center as pictured day 1, 3, 5, 7, & 10.
Its normal for the outside base to turn brown & break down.
6. After a week, you should be seeing some healthy height on the stalks, it’s time to replant in the garden or in a pot.
Celery needs plenty of water, rich soil, and about six hours of sun a day. I’m using grow bags to keep the soil moisture, keep the wildlife out, and keep close to the house to tend to.
I’m growing organic, so no pesticides and soil suitable for vegetables. Celery is typically a winter crop, but it should be full-grown in two to three months, and I grow it year-round!
Ready to Reboot Your Health?
I am working on a new course, 5 Day Reboot. Quarantine has affected us all, and if you have been feeling stagnant, eating less fresh foods, or just feel like you need a good cleanse to jump into summer, this course is it. If you are interested in getting more details, sign up on my homepage now.
Dr. Kimberly Spair brings an enormous amount of compassion and light to her work as a healer. Her personal experience of overcoming chronic health issues while managing the demands of her busy life as a mother, wife and health practitioner gives her a special and invaluable insight into the challenges and struggles so many of her clients face. I deeply respect and honor Kimberly and her genuine commitment to helping her clients heal. She is a true ambassador of the healing information I share.
– Anthony William, Medical Medium
Nothing is more powerful than a mother in touch with her intuition and power. Dr. Kimberly Spair’s course will help awaken that within you.
– Dr. Christiane Northrup, M.D. OB/GYN, Women’s Health Expert, Visionary Health Pioneer, Wellness Speaker, and New York Times Best-Selling Author