This nourishing soup is sure to warm you on a snow-covered day, ground you during a stressful time, or help you recover if you are a newly postpartum Mama.
This soup freezes well and is sure to please the tallest to the smallest in your family!
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 12 large carrots, chopped
- 4 cups of water
- 4 lbs potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of veggie broth or healing broth
- 1 lb red lentils
- Add coconut oil to a large stock pot.
- Add garlic and sauté.
- Add onion, sauté’.
- Add celery, cumin, thyme, and oregano, sauté.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, and potatoes.
- Add broth and water.
- Cook until partially cooked, adding seasonings to taste.
- Add lentils and cook until desired consistency. 8-10 minutes.
- Top with fresh herbs and dulse.
Snuggle and enjoy!