Chilly weather always makes me crave something warm and savory. This deliciously easy recipe is the perfect winter pick-me-up! With or without beans – it’s a healing meal everyone will love!
Mediterranean Cannelloni Bean Soup (beans optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 16 oz organic tomato sauce OR 1 carton tomatoes, diced
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 lbs potatoes, chopped
- 12 cups vegetable broth OR MM healing broth
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3 15-ounce cartons white beans drained and rinsed (optional)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Fresh parsley and cilantro for serving
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over low heat. Add onions and garlic; cook until onions are translucent, stirring regularly. Add in the carrots, peppers, potatoes, celery, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
2. Add broth, sauce/tomatoes, and beans (optional), bring to a slow simmer, reduce heat and simmer for 30+ minutes to combine all of the flavors together.
3. Stir in the spinach and continue to simmer briefly. .
4. Remove from heat, sprinkle with fresh herbs!
Kimberly brings an enormous amount of compassion and light to her work as a healer. Her personal experience of overcoming chronic health issues while managing the demands of her busy life as a mother, wife and health practitioner gives her a special and invaluable insight into the challenges and struggles so many of her clients face. I deeply respect and honor Kimberly and her genuine commitment to helping her clients heal. She is a true ambassador of the healing information I share. – Anthony William, Medical Medium