This spiced lemon cake with wild blueberry frosting is the perfect addition to any gathering or party. If you are stuck on what dessert to make this Easter, give this one a try.
Spiced Lemon Cake with Wild Blueberry Frosting
For the Cake
- 1 cup of blanched Almond Flour
- ½ cup Tapioca Starch
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons of ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground Cloves
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup of unsweetened Applesauce
- ½ cup of Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup of Lemon Juice (juice of 2 lemons)
- Zest of two Lemons
For the Frosting
- 1 (15 oz.) can of Coconut Cream, chilled
- 1 teaspoon of Tapioca Starch
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ cup of Wild Blueberries, thawed
- 1 teaspoon of Lemon Juice
For the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a 7-inch cake pan.
- Sift together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, ground turmeric, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves. Keep aside.
- In another bowl combine the applesauce, maple syrup, lemon zest, and juice. Whisk it well.
- Gradually add the sifted almond flour mix and gently fold it in.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely before frosting.
For the Frosting
- While the spiced lemon cake cools, place a glass or metal bowl in the freezer.
- In a blender or food processor, place the wild blueberries, lemon juice and, maple syrup, and blend them into a puree.
- Add the chilled coconut cream, tapioca flour in the chilled glass or metal bowl.
- Beat it on high for 45 seconds to a minute, or until the frosting is fluffy.
- Fold in the blueberry mix.
- Use coconut cream and not coconut milk in the frosting. Make sure the coconut cream and the bowl used for the frosting are both chilled. Do not freeze the coconut cream. Leave it in the fridge for 4 hours to overnight.
- The tapioca flour acts as a stabilizer for the coconut cream. In a cool room, this frosting can last up to 4 hours without melting. But do not add more than recommended. It will make the frosting taste gritty.
- Store the leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Frost the cake just before serving.
Dr. Kimberly Spair brings an enormous amount of compassion and light to her work as a healer. Her personal experience of overcoming chronic health issues while managing the demands of her busy life as a mother, wife and health practitioner gives her a special and invaluable insight into the challenges and struggles so many of her clients face. I deeply respect and honor Kimberly and her genuine commitment to helping her clients heal. She is a true ambassador of the healing information I share.
– Anthony William, Medical Medium
Nothing is more powerful than a mother in touch with her intuition and power. Dr. Kimberly Spair’s course will help awaken that within you.
– Dr. Christiane Northrup, M.D. OB/GYN, Women’s Health Expert, Visionary Health Pioneer, Wellness Speaker, and New York Times Best-Selling Author