I don’t know about you, but the beginning of September always makes me excited to start cooking more and more soups to coincide with the cooler weather as fall approaches. This plant-based version is so delicious, filling, and easy to make.
Split Pea Soup
Yield 6 Servings
Hearty and satisfying, this plant-based split pea soup is the perfect way to jump into cooler September weather.
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium, diced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 6 Carrots (medium, diced)
- 6 stalks Celery (diced)
- 1 tbsp Dried Thyme
- 6 cups Split Peas (dry/uncooked)
- 3 cups Mini Potatoes
- 12 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- In stock pot, add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes, + seasonings - sauté.
- Stir in split peas.
- Pour broth over all ingredients and cook on low.
- Stir often to prevent the split peas from sticking to the bottom.
- Cook and season to your desired taste.
Dr. Kimberly Spair brings an enormous amount of compassion and light to her work as a healer. Her personal experience of overcoming chronic health issues while managing the demands of her busy life as a mother, wife and health practitioner gives her a special and invaluable insight into the challenges and struggles so many of her clients face. I deeply respect and honor Kimberly and her genuine commitment to helping her clients heal. She is a true ambassador of the healing information I share.
– Anthony William, Medical Medium
Nothing is more powerful than a mother in touch with her intuition and power. Dr. Kimberly Spair’s course will help awaken that within you.
– Dr. Christiane Northrup, M.D. OB/GYN, Women’s Health Expert, Visionary Health Pioneer, Wellness Speaker, and New York Times Best-Selling Author